Fuzzy Mitten patterns.
Friday, December 04, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
This week is the Week of Prayer for World Peace, started as a Christian initiative in 1974 it is now an interfaith event calling for everyone of all faiths to pray for peace in all areas of our lives and our world.
The International Prayer for Peace
Lead me from death to life, from falsehood to truth.
Lead me from despair to hope, from fear to trust.
Lead me from hate to love, from war to peace.
Let peace fill our heart, our world, our universe.
Friday, October 09, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
I'm knitting a jumper in self-patterning yarn and am quite pleased with the way its turning out. I've not knitted with one of these yarns before, mainly because they tend to have a high wool content which I can't cope with but I found Sirdar Crofter DK which is just 60% Acrylic, 25% cotton,15% wool. Its in a range of shades, this is Plaid.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I haven't done anything about these since March so time for a look at them.
1. Read 100 books - no problem with this, having more free time means I am already over 90.
2. Finish all my knitting projects - I haven't got too far with the new cardigan I was knitting, finding cable hard. I have made a sleeveless top though, to my own design, and am working on a jumper in self patterning wool which is looking nice.
3. Finish my tapestry - I did do a bit more of this but haven't got far.
4. Get to church regularly - I am becoming more and more involved in the methodist church, despite it being a bit frustrating at times!
5. Use my sewing machine - oh dear! The material I bought is still sitting in the cupboard, I really must do something with it.
6. Lose some weight - not a lot happened here but I am using my Wii to do keep fit and that is going well even if I haven't lost the weight.
7. Join a group or club - nothing to report here.
8. Read bible more - better but not great.
9. Get out to plays / music events more - I must get to something at the Exchange, sadly Martyn Joseph doesn't come here :(
10. Think seriously about career - well, I have given up my job and am currently unemployed. Now thinking about what exactly I want to do next, taking some time to figure out.