Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Prayer

Dear Lord

The bread and wine remind me of the great love you showed for me when you died on the cross. I thank you that you loved me enough to allow your son to die such a terrible death.

Lord, I want to say how sorry I am for doing those things I know I should not have done and for those things I know I should have made the effort to do.

I thank you for the love and strength you have given me through the difficult times and that I have been able to share the good times with you.

Lord, I don’t know what the future holds, anything could happen to me tomorrow, next week, next year. Help me to make the most of every moment and to live for you whether I have months, years or decades left to serve you.

May I be able to say with Hezekiah “Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.”

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen
Mum