Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year

Well, we are now in 2007 and no one knows what this year will hold. What I do know is that in this year I will face a lot of changes. In September my school will be merging with another so everything will be changing. There has been a lot of debate amongst staff, pupils and parents about whether this will be a good thing and obviously this is not the place to raise such issues but it has meant we have all had to have a good look at the future. Whether we like it or not change is coming!

It is time to make choices: stay and deal with the changes, find a new teaching job or take this opportunity to try something new. It would be good if there was a nice easy choice but to be honest all these options will take hard work and courage (I really don't like interviews!). I really wish God would speak through big neon signs, I could do with a very clear sign what to do next!

On Sunday night the preacher spoke on the prayer of Jabez, now I have heard of this before but have been wary because of the hype about it in certain circles. However this week it really spoke to me:

“Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” 1 Chronicles 4 v10 (NKJV)
It is slightly different in the New King James version to other places I have read it but I think I like this version best. Maybe all the changes happening are God's way of enlarging my territory, which I actually find quite scary, I like a small familiar territory!

I think I need to hold on to this verse from Jeremiah:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29 v11 (NIV)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, here is a prayer I received as an e-mail, you might find it appropriate."Heavenly Father, I want this New Year to be a year where I walk in your will, not ahead and not behind. I want to know the plans you have for my life, and then I want to join you wherever you are working. Teach me not to rush ahead of you. Help me to stop to pray for your guidance before making any plans. Thank you that you promise that I will hear your voice. Thank you that you have good plans for my life. In Jesus' name Amen

Calia77 said...

I echo Leonora. I hope that you can hear God's voice throughout all of this.