Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stressed!

This week is turning out to be busy and stressful! On Monday we had a staff meeting with the governors to discuss details of the merger and necessary staff cuts, which inevitably left us all a bit depressed. Yesterday was the first of the parents forums, when the parents have the chance to ask questions of the governors about what will be happening to their daughters, to help them to decide what to do next. We have been encouraged to go along to hear the parents concerns so we are better informed about how they are feeling. It was actually quite encouraging to hear the compliments of the parents on our current school and how good they think the staff are, but not so good to hear how worried some of them are about the future education of their daughters. To top a stressful week, I have 2 AS Accounting exams tomorrow morning and I had forgotten just how scary taking exams is! Why on earth did I think doing an A level would be a fun thing to do?!?! I've been doing some last minute revision but I have to say I'm not feeling too confident. If I don't do too well I have already decided that I have a perfect excuse of all the recent stress and meetings! I'm remembering all the usual things I say to the girls about "only doing your best", "stay calm and don't panic" and "if you've done the work you'll be ok", but its not really helping too much. I'd better get an early night so I am fresh and raring to go in the morning and hope the "right" questions come up!

No comments: