Saturday, January 12, 2008

First Week Finished

I'm exhausted and we have only been back at school for one week. Partly its the shock of getting up early again, I'd got used to lazing around over Christmas!

At least this week has been easier than last term, its so scary starting a new job. I hate not knowing the girls names and not being sure where I should be and what I should be doing. I had been at my last school for 10 years so I knew the routines so well I didn't really have to think about them. Getting used to a new way of doing things has been tough and people forget to tell you things so its been a case of learning as I go along. At least now I know everyone's names (the joy of being in a small school) and the general routine of the place, even if I am sure there will be some new surprises this term. I've had evening duty this week, which isn't fun, but at least that is one done this term, and tomorrow I have a couple of hours on duty with the boarders, so not a completely relaxing weekend.

On a positive note, I start knitting club on Monday - there is some great enthusiasm at the moment but we will see who sticks with it, at least it gives me an excuse to spend a lunch hour knitting. I just finished a new jumper, I will get a photo of it to post, its very purple and made with Wow wool (a thick chenille type wool) so should be warm and cosy. I'm very pleased with it, I'm getting the hang of sewing up now so the seams of this jumper are much better than the last one. Next I need to sew up a cardigan, but that involves picking up lots of stitches for the front band and putting in a zip so I have put it off! I bought a book about knitting from the neck down, so my latest project is on circular needles, but the rounds are so long it isn't growing very fast which I find a bit frustrating.

No comments: