Friday, January 25, 2008

Quiet School

Its an exeat weekend which means all the girls have gone home. No boarding this weekend and no lessons to teach tomorrow. The school is lovely and peaceful and I can get up late in the morning. The only problem is its been a busy week, I am exhausted and I have a pile of work to get done by Monday. At least I can get a good night's sleep tonight so hopefully I will wake up bright and cheery tomorrow. Today I am fed up with teaching and marking and trying to get mathematical knowledge into brains! I could give it all up right now, but I know that this is mainly the tiredness talking. Still the hours here are not great and I could really do with not feeling exhausted all the time. I've been working it out and I teach a couple of hours extra per week in this job, which of course generates extra preparation and marking time. I could deal with working later and saturday mornings better if it came to the same amount of time that I'm used to! I keep telling myself it will get easier! The benefit is longer holidays, but that doesn't actually help much in the middle of the term. This blog post is turning into a real whinge, maybe I should stop and go get some sleep, I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((big hugs))))

Susan Harwood, Esther Montgomery and Lucy Corrander said...

Hello

My name is Susan Harwood and I am contacting people who have an interest in Maths in Education.

I have a blog called

TIMES RHYMES

Times Rhymes is a set of forty-five illustrated ‘nursery rhymes’ designed to help people learn the ‘facts’ of multiplication, 2 - 10. There are seven on the blog so far . . . and I will be putting a new one there every Monday.

(I’m contacting you in this way because, if I don’t tell people they are there, no-one will know !)

. . . . . And I’m rather hoping that you, and others, might give me some feedback!

Yours sincerely

Susan Harwood
TIMES RHYMES
http://timesrhymes.blogspot.com/
I can also be contacted by email -
timesrhymes@googlemail.com

Susan Harwood, Esther Montgomery and Lucy Corrander said...

Sarah . . . so sorry . . . there's something wrong with the link I've just left for you.

(I'm still getting used to HTML!)

Try this

TIMES RHYMES

Susan