Sunday, July 16, 2006

Don't Worry

Philippians 4 v5,6 (NLT)
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

This just reminds me that I shouldn't be fretting about what to do next, but praying for God's peace in my life and decisions.

Colossians 3 v11 (NLT)
Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

This is the verse we were considering at church this morning, I'm not sure I am a holy person - holy means separate, not of the world. I am reading a good book called "Get more like Jesus while watching TV" which has made me think. They don't say that all TV is bad but you need to think about how you watch TV and what you get out of it. I know I watch some things which really aren't a good idea but I don't think all TV is inherently bad. Anyway, the book's well worth a read.

No comments: