Saturday, July 15, 2006

God's Plan

During this past year I've been struggling with some decisions in my life - Is it time to find a new job? Should I be moving to a new place? Should I be looking at a new career? I've been praying about it but somehow I've not been sure what God is asking me to do. I've tried a few things but they came to nothing leaving me more confused than ever. I know that God has a plan for my life.

Psalm 139 v16 “Your eyes saw me when I was only a foetus. Every day of my life was recorded in your book before one of them had taken place.”

Romans 8 v28 “We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God - those whom he has called according to his plan.”

These verses give me reassurance but I'm finding it hard to know exactly what the plan is. I guess most people struggle with this at times, but some people seem to have a clear calling. I've had advice to try a few doors and if they close that will give me some guidance but I'm finding it tough. Its hard to apply for jobs, get yourself all prepared for moving on and then find its not to be and I have to get used to the idea that I'm here for a while longer. Its not that I particularly dislike my life right now but I'm feeling its time to move on, I'm just not sure what to.

Proverbs 16 v9 “A person may plan his own journey, but the LORD directs his steps.”

Maybe I'm just not too good at listening to God, I'm trying but I can't help feeling it would be a whole lot easier if he just used a big neon sign!!

No comments: