Sunday, July 02, 2006

Too hot!

I know we British are never satisfied with the weather, but I have to say I'm not coping well with the heat at the moment. Its been over 30 this weekend and likely to stay that way for a while, I'm melting! I know some people thrive on the heat but I'm just feeling completely without energy and as I am pale skinned I have to be really careful in the sun or I turn a delightful shade of pink. This next week I am away on an activity holiday so I will be outside most of the time, so if I make it to next weekend without being burnt I will be very proud of myself. Actually its not me being burnt that worries me, but I will be responsible for the children not getting burnt or dehydrated. Thankfully we will be near the coast so it should be a little cooler than here (if you don't know where I am, lets just say I am almost as far as you can get from the sea), I will have to nag them constantly I think; a few years ago one of the girls got sunstroke and the mother went mad at us even though we had continually told her to wear sunscreen, hat and drink water (apart from forcing her, I'm not sure what else we could have done). I think I am just about packed, I am the sort of packer who needs to cover every eventuality so my bag is very full and heavy. I know I will bring back a pile of stuff unworn, but I need them just in case it rains, turns cold, gets hotter, I rip something, I get muddy, I fall in the river, ... Who knows what could happen? Best to be prepared!

No comments: