Saturday, June 17, 2006

Anonymity

I can see that blogging could get quite addictive. I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about writing down your thoughts. I always used to keep a diary as a teenager but the weird thing is that then I would have been mortified if anyone read it yet potentially this could be read by anyone anywhere in the world (not that I think that anyone much is ever going to be interested in me!). I am struggling a bit with what I should or shouldn't write; on the one hand it seems like a good thing to write about the things that are stressing me but on the other what if my colleagues at school read this or even worse my pupils. My sister is a prolific blogger (Hi sis!) and seems to write down all sorts of details of her life, some of which frankly I don't need to know, and reveals all about herself. I'm not sure if I'm being a bit paranoid by wanting to be more anonymous or do other people feel the same. Maybe its part of being a teacher, there are times I do need to think about what I say or do even when I'm not in the classroom. I guess I will just have to avoid details. Anyway, as usual I am trying to avoid working, so I guess I'd better leave this and go and do some marking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi SJ

Well, I see you have joined the bloggers!!
It is a surprise
talk to you soon
Mum x

Anonymous said...

Hello Suzys sister,
I'm Susan, one of Suzys friends. Welcome to blogging.
I've got a few very hectic weeks but hope to catch up after that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy`s sis , another friend here
Welcome to blogging Im a failed blogger
xxx gillian