Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Brain dead from reports

Yesterday I had a school trip to Techniquest in Cardiff with year 7. Its not a bad trip, I like all the hands on things and they usually enjoy it, but I have done it a few years now and it doesn't change much. We always go when the Mathamagic exhibition is visiting so they get a maths talk and puzzles as well as the science. This year it has changed a bit as there is a Musicquest section with all sorts of musical instruments and experiments. The trouble with school trips is the travelling which leaves me exhasuted and I missed some free lessons when I usually get a lot of work done ready for the week ahead.

It was back to a full day of teaching today and this evening was finishing another set of reports, so I'm a bit brain dead now. Only one more set of reports to get done and then I'll have my form's reports in for checking. I've just got to keep going, not many weeks now! We had 2 ex members of staff in today and they looked so healthy and relaxed compared to us, who are all stressed and exhausted, I know neither of them miss writing reports.

I've been spending many hours in the exam hall over the last few weeks invigilating the GCSE and A level exams and its got me thinking (there isn't much else to do in the exam room) about doing some more study. After Uni I wanted to do an MSc but couldn't get any funding so had to change my plans. I got the OU prospectus but its very expensive so I'm thinking that maybe I could do an A level, I'm not sure what at the moment but there are a lot of options. Once reports are out of the way I'll have to decide what I want to do.

No comments: