Monday, June 26, 2006

Hooray, reports are done!

I've just come home from a meal out with my Head of Year, so I'm feeling quite full and bloated! It was a gorgeous carvery, with lovely pork (sadly no crackling which was a bit disappointing) and then a lemon cheesecake to follow. It was all very tasty. However, I probably shouldn't have had school lunch today too, but I felt so hungry at lunch time I just couldn't resist.

I am happy to say I have handed in my reports, hopefully they won't come back with loads of rewrites. Now I have to focus on my year 9's as they have a GCSE module on Wednesday, so lots of last minute panics to deal with. They should be fine, well the ones who have done all the practice papers will be fine, the others may find it a learning experience! Once that is over we have Sports Day, so I have to sort out the spreadsheets for all the results and get the laptops set up. After that I am away for a week with the activity holiday. Not long to the end of term though, then I can relax.

I've had this song going round in my head since we sung it last night at church.

King of the ages Almighty God
Perfect love ever just and true
Who will not fear You and bring You praise?
All the nations will come to You

Your ways of love have won my heart
And brought me joy unending
Your saving power at work in me
Bringing peace and the hope of glory

Your arms of love are reaching out
To every soul that seeks You
Your light will shine in all the earth
Bringing grace and a great salvation

The day will come when You appear
And every eye shall see You
Then we shall rise with hearts ablaze
With a song we will sing forever

Stuart Townend and Keith GettyCopyright
© 2002 Kingsway's Thankyou Music/MCPS
I'm a big Stuart Townend fan, he has written some great songs. In Christ Alone is a very powerful hymn and as a worship group we have learnt quite a few of his songs, King of the Ages is my current favourite I think.

No comments: